As busy as I have been, with approximately 12,000-13,000 words and an exam to be completed by the end of this month, and the christmas period being hectic and expensive as ever…
I HAVE A NEW HOBBY, I HAVE STARTED CROCHET!
One evening around 6pm when I was back home, i turned to mum and asked her if she owned a crochet hook and some wool, which ended up in me climbing into the loft and coming back filled with excitement.
The the aid of YouTube and other bloggers on this wonderful platform, I have become hooked.
Things I have discovered within the world of crochet:
- Crochet language is a thing
- Crochet language comes in UK terminology and US terminology and it’s not two different words for different things/methods, it’s the same word meaning two different things – i know, confusing.
- e.g. US Double crochet and UK treble crochet are the same thing and US treble crochet and UK double treble crochet are the same thing… and it goes on.
- Crochet language is usually abbreviated and even more confusing
- I have given up on following other people’s patterns and make up my own.
It is a whole other addictive world but if you do plan on starting, I suggest you begin the way that i did, with wool from poundland and a cheapy hook! You will find out whether you enjoy it or not pretty quickly and at least that way you won’t have spent much money on it!
Heres a few projects I have completed. I started off with a straight panel where i tested different stitch types out, then a hat… or two, followed by one slipper sock, just one, and a mug cosy!!
Can’t wait to share my ongoing creations with you, it’s so rewarding!